Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Over 110 descendants of Edward and Rose McDaniel gathered for the November 13, 1955 McDonald Reunion held at the old Halifax River Pavilion in Port Orange, FL.

Descendants of Edward and Rose McDonald
This is the photo from the November 13, 1955 McDonald Family Reunion. Held at the Halifax River Pavilion next to Jack Osteen's old home. There are over 110 family members in the photo. Photo taken at the old shuffleboard courts.

Photo courtesy of Kathy Bittle, Oak Hill, FL, she is descended from Elijah Franklin McDonald, b. March 27, 1865, Port Orange, Volusia, FL; d. September 19, 1929, Port Orange, Volusia, FL. Elijah's daughter Rose married Eugene Robinson, they are seated on the far left side of photo.

My Grandmother Hattie H. (Lastinger) Johnson & my Aunt Lillie Irene (Johnson) Stevens are seated in the second row center of photo of over 110 family members.

Lots of this information on McDonald's and Robinson's is from a locally produced binder book by Mary A. Dewees, “History and Memories of Oak Hill, Florida, in 1984 and the Oak Hill, Florida website. Lots of great local history. 




If you see anyone not identified or incorrect please let me know and I'll correct.


I divided the photo in half so I could get the names and faces larger. 
Please let me know if you recognize anyone in photo that is not identified.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these. I was very grateful to view some family history. I grew up away from (in Texas) most of the McDonald relatives and it's great to read a bit of the history and see old pictures.
Pam McDonald Wagner
(daughter of Herbert McDonald Jr, ,granddaughter of Herbert McDonald Sr. , great granddaughter of Roy Lafayette)

Unknown said...

My mom and I were looking at the family reunion pictures and noticed a few discrepancies. The young lady by my Grandpa, Stubby McDonald, isn't my Grandma Margaret McDonald. Margate is the lady just below her holding the baby which happens to be my mama Wendy McDonald. Unfortunately we do not know who the young lady is next to Stubby but I will ask him when I see him next. The man listed as Elmer McDonald is actually my Great Grandpa John D. McDonald. Hopefully grandpa will be able to identify more people. I love this blog by the way. It has filled in a few gaps for me. Thank you for doing this.